How can she get child support?

Question Detail

My niece’s husband left her and isn’t paying her any support. She doesn’t have money because she has three children and no job. What can she do?

Attorney Michael Fischer

 Mike’s Answer:

In addition to filing for dissolution, she can file a motion with the court requesting child and spousal support. If she is unable to afford the services of an attorney, she can contact her local Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) for assistance. Also, Family Law Facilitator offices located in many courthouses can assist her in preparing the necessary documents to request support.

Category: Child Support, Family Law

← FAQs