Can I get divorced from my husband who is in a California prison?

Question Detail

I have been married to my husband, who is in a California prison, for 6 years. I want to divorce him, but will this be like a normal divorce? Will an attorney help?


Yes, you can get divorced from your husband who is in a California prison. The procedure will not be any different but you will still have to have your husband served with the papers in prison. It would be beneficial to speak to an experienced family law attorney who can guide you through the procedure and the difficulties that you may encounter if your spouse contests the divorce.

Category: Divorce, Family Law

← FAQs