Can I get emergency spousal support in California?

When you file for divorce you can request child and spousal support. In determining spousal support,the court will consider various factors such as length of the marriage, income of the parties and standard of living established during the marriage. You may also file an ex parte motion to go to court immediately to try and get temporary support orders. However, some courts may not grant support on an emergency basis.

It is important to contact an experienced family law attorney that can provide insight into your individual options.

Category: Family Law, Spousal Support / Alimony

← FAQs