North County Family Law Attorney – Providing Legal Guidance to Families
- Michael Fischer and Craig Van Thiel are honest and aggressive family law attorneys who have been serving North County for nearly 20 years.
- The award-winning lawyers at our top law firm have the resources and skills to handle the most complex family law matters.
- Each lawyer on our team is committed to reaching the best and most cost-efficient resolution possible in your case.
- Clients often refer to us as one of the best law firms in North County—see for yourself by reading our online reviews.
- Schedule a consultation to meet with an attorney on our team about your case today.
There are many times in life where a family law attorney may be needed. For example, someone who is engaged to be married should consult a family law attorney to discuss drafting a prenuptial agreement that will protect their finances. If the marriage doesn’t work out, contact a family law attorney to guide you through the process of filing for divorce. While working towards a divorce settlement, an attorney can represent you in disputes over child support, child custody, property division, and spousal support.
The family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP have years of experience in all of these areas of family law, so they have the legal knowledge and resources to take on challenging cases. If you are involved in a family-related dispute, get in touch with our team of attorneys to discuss your legal options.
Divorce Lawyer – Helping Clients Through Every Step of the Divorce Process
North County Divorce Attorney – Offering Emotional and Legal Support to Divorcing Clients
- Don’t go through a divorce alone—let our award-winning lawyers guide you through the process to reach the best possible outcome in your case.
- Each client will work directly with a lawyer instead of being passed off to a caseworker, which often happens at other family law firms.
- Our top attorneys are known for offering honest legal advice and being aggressive when protecting clients’ best interests in the courtroom.
- Read our law firm’s online reviews to gain more insight about what it’s like to work with us.
- Let an attorney from our law firm answer your questions and explain your options today.
California is a no-fault divorce state, which means married couples can file for divorce without having to prove that the other party was responsible for the demise of the marriage. Instead of playing the blame game with each other, couples can simply state that they are filing for divorce due to irreconcilable differences, which basically means the marriage is broken beyond repair.
Filing the divorce paperwork is the easiest step in the process—it’s what comes next that will be challenging. Before the divorce is finalized, couples will need to resolve issues related to the division of marital assets, child support, child custody, and spousal support. These issues can have a significant impact on the rest of your life, which is why it’s so important to fight for a desirable outcome in these disputes. To protect your future, seek legal representation from an experienced divorce attorney at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today.
Divorce Service – For Parents Involved In Child Custody Matters In North County
North County Child Custody Attorney – Fighting to Protect Your Child’s Best Interests
- The award-winning attorneys at our top law firm will fight to protect your relationship with your child.
- When you work with a lawyer from Fischer & Thiel, LLP, you should always expect to receive honest legal advice and aggressive representation.
- Based on the online reviews about our lawyers, it is clear that clients believe Fischer & Thiel, LLP is one of the best law firms in North County.
- Give us a call to schedule a consultation with an attorney so you can learn more about your legal options regarding child custody.
There are two types of custody: physical and legal custody. Physical child custody refers to the time that the child spends with each parent. Legal custody, on the other hand, refers to a parent’s authority to make important decisions in the child’s life related to school, healthcare, and other issues that are important to the child’s upbringing.
Family law judges typically prefer awarding both parents joint physical and legal custody, which means they will each be able to spend time with the child and have a say in important decisions regarding the child’s upbringing. However, in some cases, the judge may find that joint physical and legal custody is not in the child’s best interest.
There is no greater pain than not being able to see your children as much as you’d like. Let the family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP fight for a fair child custody agreement on your behalf.
Lawyer – Helping Domestic Violence Victims Find Freedom
North County Domestic Violence Attorney – Providing Compassionate Legal Representation to Victims
- The team of top attorneys at our law firm is passionate about helping domestic violence victims with their legal disputes.
- Our award-winning lawyers are known for being honest, aggressive, and compassionate.
- Each lawyer on our team has helped us become one of the best law firms in North County.
- To learn more about our legal services regarding domestic violence, read our online reviews or schedule a consultation with an attorney on our team today.
Domestic violence is a growing problem in the state of California. Many victims find it difficult to escape the abuse, but it’s important for them to understand that help is available. Your first priority should be removing yourself—and more importantly, your children—from this dangerous situation. Then, get in touch with an experienced and certified family law attorney.
The family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP have years of experience representing victims of domestic violence. First, we help domestic violence victims report the crime to law enforcement officers if they have not already done so. After the crime has been reported, we will focus on obtaining a domestic violence restraining order (DVRO). Our attorneys can also help clients who are in immediate danger get emergency protective orders as soon as possible. We value the attorney-client relationship, so you will always be treated with the utmost respect.
Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP is a full-service law firm, so if the domestic violence incident leads to other legal issues, such as divorce or disputes over child custody, our attorneys will be there for you.
Law Firm – Helping Parents Reach Fair Child Support Agreements
North County Child Support Attorney – Ensuring Children Are Financially Supported
- Child support disputes can be complex, which is why it’s so important to work with an honest and aggressive lawyer from one of the top law firms in North County.
- The award-winning lawyers at our law firm are committed to reaching an agreement that is in the best interest of your child.
- Clients love working with our attorneys—see for yourself by reading our online reviews.
- Don’t wait any longer to get the help you need—schedule a consultation with a child support attorney on our team today.
Child support is one of many issues that can arise during divorce proceedings. The court can order one parent to make child support payments to the other parent in order to help her cover some of the costs of raising a child.
The judge will take a number of factors into consideration when calculating child support payments, including both parents’ income and the child custody arrangement. Child support payments are typically larger when one parent has custody of the child most of the time. This is because the custodial parent ends up incurring the majority of the child’s expenses, so she needs more support to cover them.
If you are preparing for a child support dispute, get in touch with the experienced family law attorneys at Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP as soon as possible. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure the final child support order is in the child’s best interest.
Legal Services – Provided By Spousal Support Attorneys With Nearly 20 Years of Experience
North County Spousal Support Attorney – Fighting For Clients’ Financial Stability
- Reach the best possible outcome in your spousal support dispute with the help of an award-winning lawyer from one of the top law firms.
- Clients often leave reviews about our law firm to thank our attorneys for their honest and aggressive representation.
- Our lawyers will fight tirelessly to ensure you are financially stable after a divorce.
- If you are involved in a spousal support dispute, seek legal representation from an attorney at Fischer & Thiel, LLP today.
Spousal support, which is also known as alimony, is a type of payment made from one spouse to the other after a divorce. Spousal support will not be awarded in every divorce, so there’s no guarantee that you will receive or have to pay spousal support just because you are getting divorced.
The judge will consider a number of factors when determining whether or not spousal support should be awarded, and if so, how much it should be. Some examples of the factors that are taken into consideration include the length of the marriage, the age and health of the spouses, each spouse’s earning capacity, and the supported spouse’s job skills
Both parties in a spousal support dispute should be represented by an experienced family law attorney. An attorney can fight for your best interests to ensure you are satisfied with the final spousal support agreement. To learn more about how an attorney can help, contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today.
Civil Law Attorney – Preparing Prenuptial Agreements On Behalf of Clients
North County Prenuptial Agreement Attorney – Helping Clients Prior to Marriage
- An honest and aggressive attorney at our award-winning law firm can help clients draft prenuptial agreements before they get married.
- Our attorneys will work with your fiancé’s lawyer to finalize a mutually agreed upon prenup that is in the best interests of both parties.
- See how our top lawyers compare to those from other law firms by reading our online reviews.
Prenuptial agreements, which are often referred to as prenups, are contracts signed by two people who are engaged to be married. The contract outlines exactly what will happen in the event that the couple gets divorced in the future. For example, it may include information on how the assets will be divided and whether or not spousal support will be paid.
It may seem strange to plan for a divorce before you are even married, but there are many benefits to signing a prenuptial agreement. For instance, a couple that has a prenuptial agreement will typically pay less in legal fees during a divorce since the process will be much smoother and shorter.
If you’re interested in creating a prenuptial agreement with your fiancé, speak to one of our experienced family law attorneys today. Contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today to learn how a prenuptial agreement can protect you in the future.
General Practice Attorney – Offering A Wide Range of Juvenile Court Services
North County Juvenile Court Attorney – Helping Families Reach Peaceful Resolutions
- Don’t face juvenile court without an honest and aggressive lawyer who is committed to reaching the best outcome in your case.
- The award-winning team of attorneys at our law firm has nearly 20 years of experience.
- Clients often write glowing reviews about our lawyers, which is why we know we are one of the top law firms in the county.
- Tell an attorney on our team more about your case—schedule a consultation today to get started.
A good family law attorney will be able to represent every member of the family during their time of need—even minors. At Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP, our family law attorneys have experience assisting minor clients and their parents or guardians in cases involving juvenile dependency, juvenile guardianship, and juvenile delinquency. The decisions that are made in these cases could affect the rest of the child’s life. For this reason, it’s important to work with an attorney who is committed to reaching the best possible outcome in your case.
Navigating through the court system can be intimidating for both adults and children, but it won’t be with one of our attorneys by your side. To learn more about our legal services and how we can help with your juvenile court case, contact Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP today. We will gladly answer your legal questions and provide you with sound legal advice.
At Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP, we offer a wide range of family law services to clients throughout North County, San Diego County, and Camp Pendleton. We have offices conveniently located in San Diego, Carlsbad, San Marcos, and Oceanside. Some of our many practice areas include divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, spousal support, juvenile court, prenuptial agreements, and domestic violence. To schedule a confidential consultation with a dedicated divorce and family law attorney, please call or email us today. You can also fill out the form on our website to seek assistance from someone in our office.