Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer
These days, prenuptial agreements have become quite common. They are the best way to avoid stressful and financially damaging litigation in the case of future divorce. While thinking about the prospect of separation is the last thing engaged couples would want to do, it may be wise to create a prenuptial agreement anyway, in order to protect yourself and your assets. Prenuptial agreements also help couples agree on how they will handle their future finances. To some, they are invaluable.
If you and your fiancé have decided to create a prenuptial agreement, then you will need the help of an experienced attorney to guide you through the process. Contact the Oceanside prenuptial agreement lawyers of Fischer & Van Thiel at 760-904-3094 to schedule an appointment today.
The Benefits of a Prenuptial Agreement
Prenuptial agreements, though seemingly negative, are actually quite practical documents. They can serve a married couple well, even if they never divorce. For them to be well-written, fair, and helpful, both people must be honest and open to discussing their financial matters before they marry. Typically, prenuptial agreements will do the following:
- Outline how a couple’s assets will be used during the marriage
- Cover all contingencies and the division of assets in the unfortunate case of dissolution
- Allow each person to preserve family inheritance and ties
- Facilitate sound financial discussion and bring to light any disagreements before the wedding
- Protect the financial security of any children from former marriages
- Define how assets will be distributed to the spouse and to dependents in the case of a death
If you would like to explore the option of a prenuptial agreement, call the Oceanside prenuptial agreement lawyers of Fischer & Van Thiel today at 760-904-3094.
Although prenuptial agreements may not seem very positive or romantic, they don’t mean that the couple is planning on or even anticipating a divorce. To learn more about how these practical documents may benefit you and your future spouse, contact the Oceanside prenuptial agreement lawyers of Fischer & Van Thiel today by calling 760-904-3094.